See the Website
One of the most family friendly apple orchards in central Indiana, Chandlers Farm & Country Market invites families to “join us for a day in the country.” Located in a prime location on old US 40 west of Indianapolis, Chandlers offers over 200 varieties of apples, horse drawn hayrides, straw mazes, bonfires, fresh cider, caramel apples, and locally grown produce all highlighted by their old fashioned country store. Started in 1975 this 3 generation family owned 52 acre farm is a must stop for families, school outings and groups of any kind.
The Chandlers wanted to use the Internet to generate more visitors to their market, especially families and local groups such as school tours, church groups, and even students from DePauw University in nearby Greencastle. They also wanted to educate their customers on the nutritional benefits of apples, announce upcoming events and build the unique Chandlers brand.
First step was to redesign the Chandler logo to feature the importance of apples, farm, and country market. This logo is now used not only on the website but also on their private label products and signs at local farmers markets.
Woodhaven Group then designed and produced a website that included a:
· content management system that allows Chandlers to easily make their own content changes
· fresh new color palette that would be appealing to young families
· special header on the home page with an inviting image of an orchard with a rotating slideshow in the center featuring the tagline “join us for a day in the country.”
· map that can be enlarged making it easy for visitors to find the country market.
· contact form, address and phone number posted so that questions could quickly be answered.
· news and events section where website visitors can easily find out about upcoming events such as antique tractor shows and u-pick dates for the orchard
· all of this designed using responsive web design making all the web pages easily readable on any kind of mobile device.
· Google analytics to identify number of visitors, time spent on the website and much more
· a link to their Facebook page
The Woodhaven Group is excited to help the Chandler family utilize the Internet to continue to grow their business and serve the central Indiana market.
“We had a great experience working with the Woodhaven Group. They have a great team that made launching our new website painless and worth the investment. What a great value!!! As a family run business it was nice to be treated like family. And the service after the sale is great.”
Matt Chandler, Chandler’s Farm