See the Website
Silver Valley Farm
Have you thought about having lamb for dinner tonight? You will after visiting the website of Silver Valley Farm and getting to know its dynamic owner Wendy Feller. This local Indiana farmer specializes in growing only the best tasting lamb raised on fertile grass pastures. In addition, she never ever uses antibiotics or growth hormones.
Wendy’s goal is to produce the best quality cuts of lamb for Hoosier families. Just like her own family has been doing for 3 generations.
Wendy has had an impressive Facebook page but had been dissatisfied with her efforts at producing a website that truly reflected the high quality of the lambs she raised. Specifically Wendy had 3 goals: 1.) How can consumers connect with us: Wendy wanted to communicate that there were multiple ways to connect with Silver Valley Farm to purchase its products whether that was at Farmers Markets, local retailers or direct from Silver Valley itself. 2.) Educate the consumer: another priority was informing the Hoosier consumer how the sheep are raised, unique ways to prepare lamb for the family dinner table and ongoing information about the benefits of buying from a local farmer. 3.) Sell more: Silver Valley wanted the combined efforts of its Facebook page and website to result in increased sales for the farm.
The Woodhaven Group welcomed the opportunity to help Wendy grow her business. We listened and understood that the message being delivered by Silver Valley Farm required a uniquely high level of website design.
After multiple “Discovery” meetings with Wendy we initiated the following actions:
- Identified a color palette and font style that was different from any other local farmer’s website in Indiana
- Designed a very clean looking logo that would be readily identified with Silver Valley Farm and could be used in both online and offline marketing
- Incorporated photos taken by Wendy in a rotating slideshow at the top of the home page of lambs in the pasture
- Utilized the Woodhaven Accordion to highlight multiple messages including a section on lamb recipes
- Included a “Contact Us” form at the bottom of each page to allow customers to easily ask questions and place orders
- Prominently positioned the phone number of Silver Valley in contrasting color in the right margin of each page with “TO ORDER CALL” in capital letters above the number
- Included on each page a “VISIT US “ section highlighting the Farmers Markets being used by Silver Valley along with the days, times and addresses of each market
- Used a slot of the Woodhaven Accordion to feature the 9 different cuts of lamb available for sale along with the price for each cut. Photos were included to enhance the presentation.
- An “OUR PHOTOS” slideshow was incorporated into the margin of each page to showcase life at Silver Valley Farm
- Each page had a specially designed “Follow Us on Facebook” link to take the website visitor directly to Silver Valley’s Facebook page
- As part of the educational goal, a blog link was positioned in the footer of each page. The link takes the visitor to Wendy’s blog which also shows archives of past blog posts by category. Photos are included with each post.
- Included a “Silver Valley News” section on each page to inform visitors of special products being sold this week at Farmers Markets
- Utilized a Content Management System that allowed Wendy to make her own content changes to the website
- The website was designed using responsive web design making all the web pages easily readable on any kind of mobile device
- Incorporated keyword analysis in the copywriting used on the website to make the website search engine friendly
- Used Google Analytics to identify number of visitors, time spent on the website and much more
The Woodhaven Group is proud to have helped Wendy Feller and Silver Valley Farm use the Internet to communicate the benefits of bringing healthy locally raised lamb to the Indiana consumer.
I have been so impressed with the creation of my new website by the Woodhaven Group. The team of staff worked together seamlessly to build the website I had envisioned for our small farm business. They are so easy to work with and do everything they can to make it easier for you to promote your business.
Wendy Feller, Silver Valley Farm